Here are some very common irregular verbs. When using the simple past we use the Past Simple category. When using the perfect tense we would use the Past Participle.
|Infinitive||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|be||was / were||been|
|read||read (pronounced /red/)||read (pronounced /red/)|
Perfect Tense (Past Participle) Practice
1) Julie wasn’t at home, she had ______________ (to go) to the shops.
2) We’ve already ________________ (to have) lunch.
3. This was the first time she had _________________ (to do) her homework.
4. They have ______________ (to begin) painting the living room.
5. We have _______________ (to keep) this secret for three years.
6. He has never _____________ (to drive) a motorcycle before.
7. I have _________________ (to be) sick all week.
8. By the time we arrived, the children had _________________ (to eat) all the chocolate.